After he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, "Put out into deep water and lower your nets for a catch." Simon said in reply, "Master, we have worked hard all night and have caught nothing, but at your command I will lower the nets." When they had done this, they caught a great number of fish and their nets were tearing. - Luke 5:4-6

Friday, September 3, 2010

Back in Phoenix

The new kitchen and dining room, the door leads to the new chapel.
After Final Vows/ Diaconate weekend I returned on Monday to the parish where I was met with some substantial progress on our new rectory.  Over my three weeks at Notre Dame, the plumbing and electrical wiring was completed, dry wall was completed, windows were installed, and wall texturing begun.  Now the work is handed over to our parish volunteers, who have graciously agreed to paint the walls and tile the floors.  If all goes according to plan, we should be in the renovated rectory by the end of September. 

View of the living room from the kitchen.

The new chapel
At the parish, September also brings the return of many programs that had taken a break over the summer.  I am still slowly getting to know the multitude of different groups involved in our parish.

Lastly I have been asked to reflect on my experience here at St. John Vianney on yet another blog, the CSC Vocations Blog where I will have a column on the first Friday of every month.  Feel free to check it out!


That's about it for now, the next few days brings the regular parish routine, RCIA meeting, baptismal prep classes, and of course Save Environment Training, but of course, I'll take a break on Saturday to watch the Notre Dame game!

Go Irish!  Beat Boilermakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment