After he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, "Put out into deep water and lower your nets for a catch." Simon said in reply, "Master, we have worked hard all night and have caught nothing, but at your command I will lower the nets." When they had done this, they caught a great number of fish and their nets were tearing. - Luke 5:4-6

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

While I wait, some eloquence

I am currently sitting at Atlanta-Hartsfield Airport waiting for my flight to Guadalajara.  I've been here for a couple of hours already and still have about 45 minutes left to boarding.   While I wait I thought I would share with you the video of Dana Gioia's Laetare Address at this year's commencement.  A poet by profession, his remarks were very good.  While this year's commencement lacked the drama of last year's both the Laetare Address and the Commencement Address were excellent.  They are both worth the time to watch.  Adios for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment